In the broadcast I experimented with a higher ratio of tapioca flour; I wasn’t entirely happy with it, so here’s the tweaked version.
Fresh Rice Noodles Recipe
- 150g rice flour
- 2 Tbps tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsps wheat starch
- 500ml water
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Oil for brushing
*You will need – steamer, suitable baking tin or pan, brush, spatula, ladle
- Combine ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Fill steamer with water, heat until boiling.
- Brush pan with oil, then scoop enough batter to make a thin layer in pan.
- Place in steamer and after a few seconds, ie. when mixture starts to settle, tilt and swirl pan to spread batter evenly.
- Steam for about one minute or until noodle sheet is cooked (it’ll start to swell up in middle of pan).
- Remove with spatula and brush pan with oil.
- Repeat until batter is used up.
- Brush noodles with oil to prevent sticking.
- Slice into strips or serve as rolls drizzled with hoisin-based sauce and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds
If you’re keen to check out the Thermocook, here’s my affiliate link >> http://jackiem.com.au/froothie