This Live broadcast was in response to the many questions I’ve received from my previous short, edited video on the same topic – http://bit.ly/jackiemonions. I figured if you got to see me make it from start to finish you might get a better sense of what’s involved in making this at home.
How to Make Crispy Fried Onions
- 6 large brown onions, peeled
- 1L cooking oil
*You’ll need – mandolin (thin setting), wok, wooden spoon, sieve, paper towels, large bowl or tray
- Heat oil in wok to 200°C.
- Slice onions thinly using mandolin.
- Add onion slices in smallish batches into oil. Be careful with oil as it will bubble up due to moisture content in onion.
- Fry until at least couple of shades before the final desired result; remove with sieve and scatter on paper towel-lined tray.
- Allow to cool completely before storing.