Green Chilli and Garlic Sauce Recipe
- 1 ½ cups green chillies, cut in chunks
- ¼ cup bird’s eye chillies (optional)
- ½ cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 ½ Tbsp salt
- 4 Tbsp water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed to desired consistency.
- Store in clean jars. Chilli sauce will keep in fridge for about 2 weeks, and in freezer for at least 4 months.
Fried Green Sambal Belacan Recipe
- 1 ½ cups chillies, cut into chunks
- 6 bird’s eye chillies (optional)
- 1 ½ onions
- 2 Tbsp belacan powder (or equivalent if using Thai shrimp paste or Malaysian/Indonesian shrimp paste blocks)
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce
- ½ Tbsp chicken powder (optional)
- ½ cup oil
- Blend chillies and onions to desired consistency.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Add chilli/onion puree and all other ingredients and cook until oil separates and onion is aromatic – approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then store in glass jar. Sambal will keep in fridge for 6 weeks or in freezer for 6 months.