Summer Fruit Festival Recipe #8 – Stir-Fried Asian Vegetables
- 1 bunch kailan aka Chinese broccoli or any Asian greens, cleaned and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 3 tsps minced garlic
- 3 slices ginger (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing cooking wine (optional)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsps oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch or cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup water
- Heat oil in frying pan or wok, then add garlic and ginger.
- Fry until garlic is lightly browned, then add cooking wine.
- Add vegetables, followed by oyster and soya sauces.
- Stir, then add water and cover to cook for approximately 30 seconds or until vegetables are cooked.
- Add tapioca starch “slurry”, mix well and simmer a few seconds until sauce thickens.
- Remove and serve.